twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Friday, February 17, 2012

Faulty Hotshoe Mount on E-Type Umbrella and Hotshoe Speedlite Stand Bracket

Faulty Hotshoe Mount on E-Type Umbrella and Hotshoe Speedlite Stand Bracket Tube. Duration : 3.48 Mins.


This umbrella and speedlite bracket was purchased from a Chinese eBay seller named Happytopstar. For around AUD delivered from China to Australia, it was a pretty good deal. Happytopstar have a feedback score of 99.5% which is pretty good for a Chinese seller. The bracket body is made of a solid lightweight metal but the plastic hotshoe mount is disappointingly weak, and can cause the Speedlite to fall off. However, the eBay seller, Happytopstar promptly replaced it with a metal hotshoe mount version as I asked if there was a metal one. A different umbrella speedlite bracket was promptly posted to me, not the ideal version (did not allow me to rotate the Speedlite to aim the infrared sensor towards my camera) but I appreciated the seller's prompt service and willingness to compensate the me so I gave them good feedback and would recommend dealing with them. I now just need to buy a good hotshoe mount with a ¼" screw thread to use on this bracket.

Keywords: camera, accessory, reviews, Canon

No comments:

Post a Comment